At Ninjutsu Toronto the art we study is called Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu or more commonly, Ninjutsu. It is made up of nine separate schools that our Grandmaster (Soke), Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi inherited from his teacher, Toshitsugu Takamatsu. The names of the schools are:
- Togakure Ryu Ninpo Happo Hiken
- Gyokko Ryu Koshijutsu Happo Hiken
- Koto Ryu Koppojutsu Happo Hiken
- Shinden Fudo Ryu Dakken Taijutsu Happo Hiken
- Kukishinden Ryu Taijutsu Happo Hiken
- Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu Happo Hiken
- Kumogakure Ryu Ninpo Happo Hiken
- Gyokushin Ryu Ninpo Happo Hiken
- Gikan Ryu Koppojutsu Happo Hiken
The nine schools have many common principles, which makes it possible to study all of them by first studying the common principles and foundations and then later the details of specific schools.
Our Soke, Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi, lives and teaches in Noda, Japan.